It’s time for Guacamelee! fans to return to fighting form as DrinkBox Studios today announces that it will bring its award-winning action-platformer to the PlayStation®4 system, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, as well as the Wii U™ system from Nintendo. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition – which is among the first indie titles scheduled to launch via Microsoft’s ID@Xbox program for independent game developers on Xbox One – will feature a bevy of new content, including an extended story with new game areas, a new boss character, powerful new player abilities and many other enhancements.
New Features for the Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Include:
- Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes DLC content from the original
- New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss: Face off against The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, helping the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
- New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode. Plus: Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping
- New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
- Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks
About DrinkBox Studios
DrinkBox Studios is an independent Toronto-based video game developer. The company was founded in April of 2008 by a group of game industry veterans.
DrinkBox develops and publishes game products of its own. The company’s objective is to release high-quality, innovative games.