What is Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition?
Guacamelee! STCE is an extended and BEST version of Guacamelee! to date (for PS4, XB1, X360, WiiU), based off of our original game Guacamelee! for PS3 and PSVita.
What is new in Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition versus the original Guacamlee!?
- Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes DLC content from the original
- New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss: Face off against The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, helping the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
- New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode. Plus: Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping
- New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
- Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks
I bought the original Guacamelee! on PS3/PSV in North America, why is there no upgrade package?
We wanted to have an upgrade package available to all those who purchased the original Guacamelee! on the PS3 or PSVita. The upgrade package is available in Europe and in Asia, but due to reasons that are not clear to us, an upgrade was not possible in North America. This decision was outside of our control, and we are disappointed along with our fans.
Why can’t I swap dimensions? I just turn into a shadow.
Guacamelee STCE now has two ways to change dimensions. You can swap the game world the traditional way using the R2 (PS4), RT (Xbox), or ZR (Wii U) buttons. Or you can use the new Shadow Swap feature that puts ONLY your character into the other dimension. Shadow swapping can be useful when during co-op play when you wish to swap dimensions but don’t want it to affect your co-op partner.
Is there support for those with COLOR BLINDNESS?
Enemy shields now shimmer in a specific direction indicating what attacks to use, e.g., an upward shimmer requires an upward attack like the Rooster Uppercut, a downward shimmer requires a Frog Slam, no shimmer requires a stationary attack like the Headbutt. A layered shield requires multiple hits from any attack.
Breakable blocks also have arrows or icons that reveal how players can break through them.
I can’t go into the Desierto Caliente (Desert) after I talk to Flame Face. Am I stuck?
In the original Guacamelee, you can go to the Desert directly after talking to Flame Face in Santa Luchita. In Guacamelee STCE, you must go through the Canal de las Flores in order to get to the Desert.
There are a few areas where players of Guac STCE must go a different way than original Guacamelee players. Be wary when following playthroughs or strategy guides as they may be out of date. Always be sure to check the minimap arrow to make sure you are heading in the right direction.
Does second screen on Vita work with PS4’s Guacamelee STCE?
You can use your Vita to Remote Play STCE, but the Vita cannot be used to show the mini-map as it did when playing on PS3. The PS4 does not (currently) support the way that we did second screen for PS3.
Green slime is blocking me from accessing a Choozo statue! The slime isn’t there in some Guacamelee! playthrough videos I see online! What gives!?!
Choozo statues and chests in Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition may have been moved from their location in the original Guacamelee! Keep searching
On Wii U, my friend/partner/dog can’t join as player 2 on our Wiimote/Classic Controller/etc; it just turns off.
Due to Guacamelee’s considerable button needs, we unfortunately can only support the Wii U GamePad and Wii U Pro Controller. Also, dogs can’t play video games!
Users have brought several issues to our attention:
- Delayed achievement unlocks – A number of Xbox One users have reported delayed Achievement unlocks, with earned achievements occasionally taking multiple days to pop. If you are missing an achievement that should have been unlocked, please wait a couple of days and recheck whether it’s still missing before writing in to our support email.
- Loss of save progress (RESOLVED) – A number of early Xbox One users – particularly those playing in co-op mode – were affected by an issue where autosave failure could begin to occur under some circumstances if a second controller was connected to the system with the game already running. This issue has been fixed and should no longer occur.
Wii U / X360:
- Goat (wall) fly not granted after breaking statue in Pico de Gallo – This issue can occur if you backtrack to the Sierra and talk to Javier Jaguar after having entered Pico de Gallo, but before having obtained Goat Fly. Can be avoided entirely by completing the Pico de Gallo level before returning to the Sierra. WORKAROUND: If your save game gets stuck in this state, backtrack to the Desert and enter El Infierno (the door is in the room where you received Pollo Power). Enter challenge room 8. When you leave the room, you will have Goat Fly. Backtrack to the Pico de Gallo and re-enter the volcano through the front door (located near the dead-world village of Camposanto). Progress through the Volcano to the El Trio boss fight. Once El Trio is defeated, your game data will have been restored to a valid state and you should be able to proceed/explore normally from that point onward.
- El Trio (3-headed skeleton) boss fight stops when boss health goes down to 50% – Occurs for some players who defeat the second phase of the boss using splash damage attacks (e.g. slam), rather than jumping up and attacking him directly while he is dazed. WORKAROUND: When playing the second phase of this boss fight, throw skeletons at the boss to stun him, then jump up to attack him with direct hits until he recovers.
- Boat in Canal de las Flores does not move – This is caused by quitting out of the game after the end of the Canal boat fight, but prior to hitting the next checkpoint. Unfortunately, there is currently no workaround for this issue; affected users will have to start a new game.
- Double Jump not granted after breaking statue in Tule Tree – This similar issue is caused by breaking a red block found in the floor of Tule Tree where you first enter the tree, then following the route this opens up into the desert to prematurely enter the Temple of War. Unfortunately, once you’ve set foot in the temple after having progressed in this way, there’s no workaround; your game will have to be restarted.
PC / Mac / Linux
- The game sometimes crashes when I move between levels – Using the in-game options, switch to windowed mode and turn off anti-aliasing and projected shadows. Some users have reported switching to lower graphics settings helped them to work around this issue. If you successfully enter the level, you may be able to switch back to your original settings for the rest of your playthrough.
**Hint: Highlight to see answers
Help! I reached the final boss with 5/6 orbs, but nothing special happened when I beat him. Is this a bug?
In STCE, you need to reach the boss with 6 orbs already obtained if you want something special to happen. We added a new one since the old game.
How do I unlock hard mode?
You can either finish the game in normal mode, or enter our secret code:
Xbox One: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Y, Y, then View button
Xbox 360: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, X, Y, then Back button
Wii U: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Y, X, then Select button
PS4: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Square, Triangle, then the touchpad
How do I break the purple blocks?
You destroy those with chicken egg bombs. You get the ability to lay chicken egg bombs from the Pollo Bomba statue in the middle (silver) door on the ground floor of the Infierno.
How do I get the X’tabay Alebrije trophy in the ‘Frenemies’ DLC pack?
Try going back to the room in which the Alebrije fell into the lava, after having completed (and exited) the Temple of Rain area.
Guacamelee! (PS3 PSV)
How big is the game?
PS3: 550 MB
Vita: 340 MB
Can I play co-op on my Vita?
Co-op can only played on Vita while connected to a PS3 system. The Vita standalone version is single-player.
How do I connect my Vita to play with cross play?
With Guacamelee installed on your PS3:
1) Register your Vita with your PS3
2) Start Guacamelee on the PS3
3) From the Vita Live Area, select REMOTE PLAY
4) Tap START (do not tap the Cross-Controller button)
5) Tap on ‘Connect via Private Network’
6) If you get a black screen, then you have connected successfully. You will get an error message if you failed to connect.
7) The Vita screen will display the map once you select ‘New Game’ or ‘Continue’ from Guacamelee’s main menu.
How do I register my Vita with my PS3?
1) From the PS3’s XMB menu, go to SETTINGS
2) Scroll down and select REMOTE PLAY SETTINGS
3) Select REGISTER DEVICE
4) Select PS Vita System as the ‘device to register’
5) On your Vita, select REMOTE PLAY from the Live Area (main menu)
6) Tap on Start
7) Tap on the 3 dots in the bottom right corner
8) Tap on SETTINGS
9) Tap on ‘Change Connected PS3 System’
10) Tap on NEXT in the bottom right corner
11) Enter the 8 digit number on the PS3 display screen
Voila! Hopefully that works!
How do I transfer my save from PS3 to Vita/Vita to PS3?
1) Make sure you’re connected to PSN on the device with the save game you want to transfer,
2) Select Options from the Pause Menu or the Main Menu.
3) Select Options next to Cross-Save.
4) From the Cross-Save menu, select Upload to cloud (do not select Download from Cloud).
5) Start Guacamelee for the device on which you want to resume your game.
6) From the main menu select Options>Cross-Save>Download from Cloud.
7) Select Continue from the Main Menu
How do I play as Tostada instead of Juan?
This is currently possible only on the PS3.
1) With 2 PS3 controllers or 1 PS3 controller and 1 PS Vita connected to the PS3,
2) Start a new game with one player.
3) When the message pops up saying 2p can join,
4) Press start on 2p controller
5) Pop 2p’s pink bubble with any attack
6) On 1p’s controller press R1 twice
7) Resume playing through the game as Tostada with 2p controller
How do I use the Vita as Player 1 on PS3?
See above for instructions on how to connect the Vita to PS3. When in game,
1) Hold down the PS button on P1’s controller
2) In controller settings, press CROSS (X) button on “Reassign the Controller”
3) Press up, then press CROSS to reassign the controller to port 2
4) Return to gameplay.
Where can I find the amazing SOUNDTRACK?
KNOWN ISSUE: I got stuck in a room. The walls aren’t disappearing!
An issue occurs where, should a player die a bunch of times in an arena, the arena walls might not disappear, blocking progression. We’re working on a fix for the next patch.
Until we fix this issue, we recommend players quit the game from the pause menu, then continue from the main menu. Hopefully, the game will resume not far from where the issue occurred
How do I report a bug?
firstname.lastname@example.org <— send the issue here