It’s time for Guacamelee! fans to return to fighting form as DrinkBox Studios today announces that it will bring its award-winning action-platformer to the PlayStation®4 system, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, as well as the Wii U™ system from Nintendo. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition – which is among the first indie titles scheduled to launch via Microsoft’s ID@Xbox program for independent game developers on Xbox One – will feature a bevy of new content, including an extended story with new game areas, a new boss character, powerful new player abilities and many other enhancements.
New Features for the Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Include:
- Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes DLC content from the original
- New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss: Face off against The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, helping the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
- New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode. Plus: Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping
- New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
- Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks
About DrinkBox Studios
DrinkBox Studios is an independent Toronto-based video game developer. The company was founded in April of 2008 by a group of game industry veterans.
DrinkBox develops and publishes game products of its own, and also provides programming, art and design consulting services to external clients. The company’s objective is to release high-quality, innovative games.